ZYFL Cheer is a recreational cheer program offered to Zionsville children who will be entering K through 6th grades in the Fall. Cheerleaders will learn the fundamentals of cheer, including chants, half-time and time-out cheers, a pom/dance routine and partner stunts. They support the ZYFL Recreational Football Teams throughout the Fall Season. Our program emphasizes Teamwork, Spirit and Fun!
The season consists of participating in summer camp, practicing weekly, performing at the Jamboree and cheering at your assigned game every weekend (times will vary). There may be additional opportunities for performances during the season. For example, we have cheered during a Colts game day experience, performed at Eagle Fest and participated in the Fall Parade.
We offer unlimited enrollment with no tryouts and divide the cheerleaders into squads based on ages. Depending on the number enrolled, there may be more than one squad per age group. Participants may request placement on the same cheer squad as a friend (limit one request per registrant) and every attempt is made to honor the requests; however, we cannot guarantee fulfillment.
We are excited for a great upcoming season!
THE 2023 ZYFL CHEER SEASON
Summer Camp will be the week of July 10. Check back soon for dates!
Important Note: 4th – 6th Grade Cheer Camp is mandatory. We will be spending one day of camp hosting a Varsity UCA Home Camp. The cheerleaders will learn stunting, sideline cheers and chants, jumping technique and other game day material from UCA Instructors. The remainder of the week will be spent learning the pom routine. Specific times and locations will be announced soon.
Practices are held one day per week. The practice days will be announced as soon as possible.
- Early Bird Registration, ends April 15: $60
- Registration, ends May 31: $70
- Late Registration, ends July 1: $80
- Camp Registration for K – 3rd Grade: $20
- Camp Registration for 4th – 6th Grade: $85
- Uniforms will be the same as the 2022 season. Returning cheerleaders may wear their 2022 uniforms or purchase a new skirt ($25) and/or shell ($50). All cheerleaders must purchase new briefs, socks, set of poms, and bow ($45). There will be two fitting opportunities to try on sample sizes of the skirt and shell on June 1 and June 14 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. The location will be shared as soon as possible.
PARENTS, WANT TO HELP?
Each squad will need a minimum of two coaches to lead weekly practices and who can attend the games to assist the cheerleaders in their game day duties. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a new coach application.