ZYFL Cheer is a recreational cheer program offered to Zionsville children who will be entering K through 6th grades in the Fall. Cheerleaders will learn the fundamentals of cheer including chants, half-time and time-out cheers, a pom/dance routine and partner stunts. They support the ZYFL Recreational Football Teams throughout the Fall Season. Our program emphasizes Teamwork, Spirit and Fun!
The season consists of participating in summer camp, practicing weekly, performing at the Jamboree and cheering at your assigned game every Saturday (times will vary). There may be additional opportunities for performances during the season. For example, we have cheered during a Colts game, performed at Eagle Fest and participated in the Fall Parade.
We offer unlimited enrollment with no tryouts and divide the cheerleaders into squads based on ages. Depending on the number enrolled, there may be more than one squad per age group. Participants may request placement on the same cheer squad as a friend (limit one request per registrant) and every attempt is made to honor the requests; however, we cannot guarantee fulfillment.
We are excited for a great upcoming season!
THE 2022 ZYFL CHEER SEASON
Summer Camp will be the week of July 18.
- K – 3rd: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. (Optional)
- 4th – 6th: Monday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. (Mandatory)
Important Note: 4th – 6th Grade Cheer Camp is mandatory. We will be spending the first day of camp hosting a Varsity UCA Home Camp. The cheerleaders will learn stunting, sideline cheers and chants, jumping technique and other game day material from UCA Instructors. The remainder of the week will be spent learning the pom routine and rehearsing the new material from UCA camp. Specific times and locations will be announced soon.
Practices are held one day per week.
- Early Bird Registration, ends April 15: $50
- Registration, ends May 31: $60
- Late Registration, ends July 1: $70
- Camp Registration for 4th – 6th Grade: $60
- Uniforms will be the same as the 2021 season. Returning cheerleaders may wear their 2021 uniforms or purchase a new skirt ($23) and/or shell ($47). All cheerleaders must purchase new briefs, set of poms, and bow ($30). There will be one fitting opportunity to try on sample sizes of the skirt and shell. The date/time of this fitting will be communicated as soon as possible.
PARENTS, WANT TO HELP?
Each squad will need a Coach who can attend the games to assist the cheerleaders in their game day duties. If you are interested in learning more, please mark that you are interested as you register your child.
For more information, contact:
Cheerleading Director: Liz Morehouse email@example.com